Sunday, November 7, 2010

Prague Numero 1

My Journey to Prague (Praha is the proper, Czech name) started off at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport... where apparently they're already all decked out for Christmas - tinsel everywhere, decorations and of course, Christmas trees. Little early, no?! Kim Milanes tells me the Eatons Centre is already all decked out for Christmas as well. I feel stores switch over to the Christmas theme earlier and earlier every year!



Wednesday night pizza!!




Once Adrienne joined us in Prague Thursday afternoon, Monika showed us her university. This is the Narodni Technicka Knihovna (National Technical Library) beside the building with the architecture program.



Inside the library - there are funny drawings drawns around the atrium space in the middle of the library.




Such as these (click on the photos for larger picture):




This is how I often feel at school... tied to my computer:


  Here's the atrium of Monika's school. The building is 14 floors high - that's a little taller than our 3 level School of Architecture in Cambridge.



Monika and Adrienne in front of the library =)



 Adrienne, Monika and I went for lunch to have some traditional Czech food. Dumplings and some sort of meat (I forget) but it was very tasty!!! And we tried Czech beer (it was huge)...




...and I finished the entire thing!!



 Monika and I




In front of Prague Castle (where the President lives)




Monika and I inside the grounds of Prague Castle




View of  Praha




Changing of the guards at Prague Castle





At Prague Castle




The Dancing House by Frank Gehry




Malostranska Metro Station




Lentilky Chocolates - they taste similar to smarties, but are about double the size and are not quite as good!




 Tough biker bear... hahaha... had to laugh!!



 Prague Numero 2 to be posted tomorrow!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment