Monday, November 8, 2010

Prague Numero 2

Prague Numero 2!!!

Friday afternoon Monika wasn't feeling well so Adrienne and I took on Prague on our own. We did it all - we got lost, we wandered, we visited Old Town Square, we ate, we shopped, we walked up the short, chubby version of the Eiffel Tower and we ended the day with a nice dinner with Monika and Vaclav.

This was at Old Town Square - St. Nicholas Church



Inside the church




Here's a short video - a feel of the church




This is the Prague Astronomical Clock in Old Town Square
 



This is the clock doing it's thang - does it every hour. The clock recently celebrated its 600th anniversary just 3 weeks ago.




Adrienne and I with our gelato =)




Here is a short chubby version of the Eiffel Tower. Prague has a tower that looks like the CN Tower as well.




Sort of looks like the Eiffel Tower... ish




Overlooking Prague from the top of the short chubby Eiffel Tower!





 Adrienne and I trying Hot Wine... Monika recommended it.




Here's Adrienne trying hot wine - her face at the beginning is priceless =)





Friday night we met up with Monika and Vaclav for dinner for dinner. We had to go restaurant hunting to find one that wasn't full - this was one potential. Unfortunately it was full. But it was really cool because it had BOWLING inside the restaurant! 




Monika and her boyfriend Vaclav at Back Doors, where we ate dinner



Adrienne and my Czech dinner (and our cocktails at the top of the photo)




The wonderful breakfast Monika made me Saturday morning - I tried to write PRAHA in the Maple Syrup that Monika brought back with her from Canada (if you can read the PRAHA, you have very very good interpretive reading skills!)




Monika and I outside her parents' house on my last day in Prague




This is at Vysehrad; the place where Prague was originally founded



Overlooking Prague




This picture took skills - the camera was balanced on a fence and I had to put it on 10 second timer and run down a set of stairs, over to the wall, hop onto the wall and pose for the picture. This shot actually 2 tries - not because I wasn't fast enough the first time, but because the first time I crossed over the wrong leg =P




 Back in Amsterdam! I flew with easyJet . Everything on the plane was orange - the attendants' clothes, the seat covers, the magazines, even the trash bag was orange!




 After I landed in Amsterdam, Jaewoo surprised me by meeting me at the airport and we quickly headed home then to MuseumNacht (Museum Night) where 45 museums in Amsterdam were open to the public with drinks and dancing music from 8pm - 6am!! We didn't stay out until 6am though!

The first "museum" we visited was the zoo in the dark!! We couldn't really see much, but our tour guide shared some really interesting facts about Artis Zoo. It is a very small zoo - it is in the middle of the city and is limited in space. However they have some cool animals - here is a vulture. I love the creepy look - it suits the vulture!




This is in the aquarium of the Artis Zoo






This is inside the Van Gogh museum - there were cocktails, dancing and even live music!




This is what is believed to have been the last painting painted by Van Gogh




And now I'm back in Amsterdam. Had a quiet day on Sunday after my 4 full days in Prague - went to church in the morning. Still loving the fact that I can understand the English Mass. I've missed being able to sing along. Laundry is almost done. Next weekend 5 of us are seeing Cirque du Soleil Totem. I've heard great reviews about the show.

Some exciting news from work today: LEVS Architecten has been nominated for the Dutch Architect of the Year Award 2010! There are two finalists in our category and we're one of them! Click HERE to view the announcement. It's in Dutch, so unless you understand the article, you may have to google translate the text if you wish to read through it.

Six weeks tomorrow I fly home... I have a lot to do in the next month and a half =)

No comments:

Post a Comment