Monday, November 1, 2010

Flashbacks!!

Here are some flashbacks from some of my adventures!!

Firstly, this font is supposed to be Helvetica. However blogspot and I are having some issues today and Helvetica isn't working SO this font is Trebuchet. I'm still trying the different fonts - seeing what I like.

Last Thursday evening night I went to another lecture (in English) at the University by Waterlooplein (a 6 minute walk from my apartment). It was really interesting! It was about the design of train stations and the really cool thing about it was that I had been to 4/5 train stations he talked about - Rotterdam Centraal, Den Haag Centraal, Amsterdam Centraal and Schiphol (the airport). Utrecht was the one I hadn't been to yet, which will hopefully change, as I would like to visit Utrecht at some point.

Now let's go back to the *PAST*

New Jersey to Zurich =)

My last glimpse of North America for 4 months!




London =)




That was a funny street show!! I enjoyed it a lot. Haha in the middle, right before this video he got a little girl (in the video wearing the red shirt) to come to the middle, stand in front of the unicycle and when he counted to 3 the crowd had been instructed to cheer, yell, applaud and whistle so that other people would come running to see what was going on, and the little girl bowed as though she had just finished a spectacular dismount off the unicycle and the people who had just come would be disappointed they JUST missed the amazing acrobatic stunts. It was really silly, but very funny. 


Plus de Paris =)

The street show in London was funny. The street show in Paris was... just plain strange.








Eiffel Tower



Not something you get to do everyday =)



Why hello dude in red!




Hey! I see home!!! It's somewhere out there... 6014km that way!!



And just in case you were considering it, they prefer you not throw things off the Eiffel Tower. Got it? Merci!

 






Rotterdam =)

 And because Rotterdam was so special I'm posting a video of the awards ceremony from Worlds!!



The Russians were fantastic. The Americans were very very close to winning the Gold Medal, and although they were a bit disappointed with their silver, they looked amazing. Another team that I want to mention are the Japanese. In my opinion, their gymnastics has been under appreciated these last couple of years. But congratulations to Rei Tanaka from Japan who won the Longines Prize for Elegance! The Japanese were among the most entertaining teams on the floor, and definitely beautiful to watch. 


And that's it for now. Prague in 2 days. I love it here in Europe. CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment