Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween to all you North Americans. Halloween isn't really celebrated here. By "really" I mean I've seen a couple Happy Halloween signs on the streets and they sell pumpkins in the grocery stores, but they don't sell halloween candy, no one goes trick-or-treating and half the people I talked to didn't even remember what day halloween was. So, they don't "really" celebrate it here.

Friday night >> Jaewoo and I went to a dinner party at Stefania's place. There were about 10 people there from my office, plus Jaewoo and one of my co-workers' boyfriend. Nice Italian dinner. I left my camera at Stefania's so no pictures from the dinner to post and I had to share Jaewoo's camera with him for the rest of the weekend.

Saturday >> Jaewoo and I ventured out to Almere which is about a 20 minute train ride East of Amsterdam. The area around the Almere Centraal Station is very new, which was a very odd feeling for being in Europe. Most of Europe has an old, historic feeling with lots of character. It was still a nice place nonetheless. 







So apparently Toy Story 3 hasn't yet come out in The Netherlands yet. I'm not sure when it's coming out, but there are posters everywhere - in bus shelters, in stores, in Albert Heijn - Albert Heijn is even giving out mini Toy Story figures with any purchase over 10 euros... I love the movie. I saw it twice this summer in Canada.  Really really good. It's very funny, touching and clever. I would recommend seeing it, if anyone hasn't already. It's by far my favourite Toy Story out of the 3 they've made. 





 And guess who I met at the toy store in Almere?! Toy Story 3 BARBIE!!
 
 


Lunch on the roof top!!






Then we did a bit of shopping. Jaewoo was looking for a new skirt. I think red suits him.





In the middle of the Food and Shopping Centre in Almere.




The building is falling down!!!!!






And I had to get one of these... I won't even start on how much I miss gymnastics <3 




 Mediamarkt Shopping Complex in Almere




Sunday >> Started out with Blessed Trinity Church attempt #2.

Attempt #2 = Successful!!

Didn't get lost this time!!

 


I was so sure I was going to get lost again that I gave myself an hour and a half to get there. It only took about 40 minutes, so I went around taking pictures to kill time. I wasn't the only one there early though - however those people forgot to set their clocks back an hour for daylight savings!!



I don't watch the show, but for some weird reason, this picture reminds me of Coronation Street. Mom - does this at all resemble the street of your favourite show?



 Inside Blessed Trinity Church. Felt so good to attend an English mass. And at the end of Mass they called up people who's birthday it was today, and then they called up everyone who was attending Blessed Trinity for the first time today. So I marched right up to the front, along with about 6 other people and we introduced ourselves to the entire congregation. Little scary, but fun.




My grilled cheese lunch. Check out the ultra cool ketchup package!!

 



While kids were trick-or-treating in Canada, Jaewoo and I were flinging ourselves 55 metres above the earth screaming with joy (and some of us, with fear). So fun >> the fair held at Dam Square =)














Click HERE to view a video of the swing ride on youtube >> As long as blogspot co-operates, I'll post videos directly onto the blog.


4 days until Prague. Monika - here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment