Wednesday, October 27, 2010

55/55

55/55

Today marks my half way point of my journey through Europe. 55 days ago I was waving goodbye to Mom and Dad at Toronto Pearson Airport. 55 days from now I'll see them again at Pearson. Time goes by so fast. I can't even believe I've been here so long. Christmas will be here before we know it!

I've also decided to experiment with fonts. This is Georgia font. Don't get too excited - blogspot only offers seven different fonts, and five sizes. Why not try them though?

It rains a lot in Holland. People told me it rained a lot. But I don't think it quite sunk it until I got here. It literally rains like everyday. It doesn't usually rain all day but a day without rain is unheard of, especially in the fall; the rainy season. Haha, the time of year I'm here, of course it has to be the rainy season. 


Not too much to blog about today - life is the usual (amazing and wonderful). ONE WEEK until I leave for Prague to visit Monika!! My office is amazing - in the (just under) 4 months I'm working there I'm allowed to take 8 full days off work. I'm using every vacation day to travel. London, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Paris, Prague, Cologne... when else would I be able to say I visited so many exciting places in just 4 months? I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to see so many places and to be working in an office with such nice people who have been very supportive. 

So, I decided to post this picture. It's completely non-Amsterdam related. Haha it's from London. In Amsterdam (and just about all of Holland really) you have to pay at least 0.50 euros to use a public bathroom (I mentioned that in my last post about Paris and Paris' super awesome public toilet on the streets). Sometimes it's been 0.70 euros to use the bathroom, which is about $1 CDN. That's pricey... compared to FREE. London not only provides free bathroom use, but also has a system where if you text 80097 they will actually help you located the nearest (free) public bathroom. 

Brownie Point for London.




This weekend - not much planned yet. Jaewoo wants to "go somewhere." I ask "where should we go?" And he responds with "I duno, somewhere." 

Typical male? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment