Saturday, October 16, 2010

New wheels










BIKE SUCCESS!!!! WOOHOO!! Attempt #6 and I walk (ride) away with a bike - 65 euros for the used bike, bell, lights and lock!! I stood in the cold and rain today down at Waterlooplein for almost an hour and a half waiting for my bike to be fixed up (they were extremely busy). It was worth it. When I wasn't waiting in the wet and cold, I had a bagel and hot chocolate at Bagels Beans. It was interesting - my hot chocolate came as hot milk with a dish of chocolate chips. It was cute - you put the chips in the hot milk and stir away. Different.

Meet my new mode of transportation:

















Then I went for a walk to do some errands. Yes, this is the beautiful Amsterdam I get to walk through every single day =) (I got the picture idea from Benny)

















My errands included a trip to the grocery store, Albert Heijn. We needed toilet paper so I bought this especially for Jaewoo. Do you think the flowers and butterflies are too masculine?


















Yesterday I saw, what I call, the Dutch Mounties! There were two policeman in neon yellow ponchos riding huge horses down the streets of Amsterdam. Aside from the fact they were wearing bright yellow (and they weren't in Canada) you could have mistaken them for Canadian Mounties!

Next week I am off to Rotterdam to watch the women's team finals at WORLDS!!!! SO so exicted!! And I am Germany bound - Adrienne and I just booked our trip to Germany for the end of November! :) Never been to Germany. Should be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment