Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dutch lecture anyone?

Sending a postcard home was tricky. So Mom and Dad - if you don't get my postcard, I probably put it in the wrong side of the mailbox. There were two sides - I'm assuming one was for "close" destinations (maybe within Holland??), and one was for all other places. However, the words were in Dutch and I couldn't understand it. SO I took a chance and put the postcards in the left side. Hopefully they will make their way to Canada before I do.


Last night after work I went to dinner with people from my office at Kam Yin...





















...then we had a drink at a cafe before attending a lecture about...

















...LEVS (my firm)!! I sat through a 2 hour lecture in Dutch, so I can't tell you exactly what it was about. BUT what I did get out of it was that LEVS has some really cool projects in the works (I could tell from pictures). There was a good crowd - probably about 150 people there. I think they were mostly architects from in and around Amsterdam. That's Jurriaan in the photo below at the beginning of the lecture. He's a cool guy!

















Today I stopped in at the mall on my way home from work to buy a notebook/scrapbook. I have so many tickets, receipts, maps and lists that I thought instead of keeping them cooped up in a folder, I'd organized them in a scrapbook. If you know me, you know I'm all about organization! This is the Magna Plaza Shopping Centre.































And planning ahead, guess what I just bought tickets to for the middle on November?!

1 comment:

  1. I was so proud of myself the first time I mailed something! I figured out what the Dutch said on the mailbox all by myself, without a dictionary!!! WOO! Yes, your postcard should reach Canada because the left says "Other/remaining postcodes," while the right says "Dutch postcodes XXXX-XXXX" and they have numbers for the nearby areas. And the middle part tells you when the daily collection time is! :D

    ReplyDelete