Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bye Bob!

Bye Bob!!

Friday was a good day! First of all, I discovered that my office has nutella!! Now, if you know me at all, you would know that I live on nutella. If I were stuck on a deserted island and could only eat one this, I'd choose nutella in a heartbeat. So I had nutella on a piece of bread in the morning, I had a nutella sandwich for lunch (my office provides lunch and we all eat together in the office) and I tried nutella ona  weird Dutch cracker in the afternoon. I love nutella.

Another exciting discovery - my office has hot chocolate (I mean Chocolademelk). I was in dire need of an energy boost. I've been so tired this entire week. I've been running around so much, taking care of bank stuff, residency permits, tax stuff, apartment searching, hostel craziness... so between the nutella and hot chocolate, I was a happy camper! The cups they have here at the office are so tiny. They are like half the size of a regular Canadian coffee mug.






























Because the cups are so small I justified having like 4 cups of hot chocolate today!! But yo know one weird thing, I got my hot chocolate, sat down, started working on a model and my hot chocolate started hissing at me. No joke!! It started making this weird sound. So I gave it a stir and it stopped. If I don't wake up tomorrow, blame it on the chocolademelk.

So I am now staying at Shelter City Christian Hostel, which is located in the heart of the red light district. If you haven't heard of this area, try googling images of the red light district in Amsterdam and you'll get an idea ;) The hostel is alright - better kept than Bob's, and bigger. Although as much as I complained about Bob's, one thing I must say is the staff were super uber nice!! The staff at Shelter City are also very friendly. I am now staying in an all girls' dorm which is nice. There are 16 people in my room, which is a lot. Especially when people are constantly walking in and out, turning the light on and off during the night. It's kinda of packing in the room - I kind of feel like I'm at summer camp!

So I went to see an apartment last night. It wasn't a taker. They were asking too much for it, it was small, they wanted a 1 year lease... so the apartment search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment