Saturday, September 4, 2010

Homeless for the moment

STOP #3: Amsterdam, Holland (The Netherlands)

Homeless in a foreign country. I know a bunch of my fellow archie classmates know what that feels like. For now, I've been resting my head on a pillow at Bob's Youth Hostel (click here to see their website). My room is on the top floor. My ankle and knee are not happy. An elevator would be useful!!!!


This is only one of three flights of stairs I have to take to get to my room

















Breakfast at the hostel (one egg and one piece of toast... oh and water)

















Only "during breakfast"

















Part of my room here at the hostel (that's my towel on the left... drying on my suitcase)

















I spy with my little eye... a bike...

















I didn't sleep great last night. It's noisy at night in Amsterdam - being right downtown probably doesn't help!! And our window was open so it was hard to sleep. We (we being me and my other "hostel roommates") couldn't close our window because it was so hot. And then, just as I thought I was asleep, the guy who sleeps in the bunk above me came in around 4am. Now, he wasn't noisy or anything. But he had to get in bed. These lovely bunk beds, for some reason, don't have ladders so I wake up to my entire bed shaking and squeeking. I honestly thought we were having an earthquake. No, it was just some foreign drunk guy climbing into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment