Thursday, September 9, 2010

Donderdag September Negende

Another day, another dollar (as Tim from MMMC would say). Work is work. More people are talking to me =) I was invited to go to a lecture at one of the interns' school tonight but couldn't go. I had to take of stuff at the hostel. I'm moving to another hostel tomorrow =)

Using photoshop in Dutch is still so confusing. I don't think I'm getting any better either. Once I think I know what a word means, I learn another word, then mix them up and when I want to select colour range I accidentally adjust the contrast of the image. Ah, anyway, 4 months from now I'll be a Dutch Photoshop Pro =)

Waiting for the bus I was beside what I think is a school. I'm assuming it's a school (it could be a daycare centre) because of all the children in the playground.

















There are so many bikers in Amsterdam that bikers have their own lanes. On the left (picture below) is the bike lane separated by an island from the main road.

















My ride home from work =)

















I mentioned in a previous post that the Dutch language has a lot words that sound just like English. This sign on the bus is pretty easy to read, despite it being written in dutch: Houd uw kaart hier (just sound it out)

















Then again, there are some words that don't sound anything like English (like... every single bus stop that sound like the announcer is coughing)

Dining alone... again. Tonight I ended up choosing the cheapest item on the menu (not on purpose). Yay for student budgets!! Chicken soup and Sprite 7UP.


















So as I was blogging (that sounds so pro) a new guy walked into our hostel room and is apparently taking the bed above mine. To my knowledge the guy who sleeps above me (the one who always wakes me up when he gets in, drunk, at 5am) hasn't left. One reason I think that is because his luggage is all still here. Odd  he didn't come back last night. So... duno what's up with him. Hope he's ok though.

Tomorrow's Friday. Morgen is het vrijdag =)

No comments:

Post a Comment