Saturday, September 18, 2010

You're from Canada, eh?

Yesterday on my walk back from the office to the bus stop with Giovanna I came across these wicked chairs. They're just there. Random. And cool.

















Dining alone is kinda - interesting. It's nice because it gives you time to sit and think. But it gets kinda lonely. Today at lunch I forgot to bring my word search booklet, which is what I usually use to keep myself occupied when I eat out alone. So... I just watched other people in the restaurant. Listened in to their conversations - sort of like in the movie Date Night. I had a tuna salad sandwich for lunch...

















...which was actually very very good! (I skipped the tomatoes)

















Amielle and I met up this evening. Another Canadian!! You know a lot of people have commented on the fact we Canadians use "eh" It's really funny because I don't even realize I'm saying it, yet people giggle and I can't figure out why. Weird eh?! Amielle and I did some touristy wondering around leidseplein (which is an entertainment district in the south area of the centre of Amsterdam), then found a McDonalds that had free Wifi. Free internet, yet you had to pay 0.30 euro to use the bathroom.

















We're both on the hunt for housing =P

















Until an apartment works out, it's back to the hostel for me. Every time I go up to the counter to ask to extend my stay a few more nights, I always think "maybe this is the last time I'll have to extend my stay" with the hopes that I'll find a place to live soon. At least I'm in a hostel. It could be worse. I could have no where to stay. Let's hope things don't get that bad.

Tomorrow I have to make sure to get up in time to make it to pancake breakfast. Last weekend I went at 10am and they had run out of pancake mix =(

1 comment:

  1. Free wifi, paid bathroom - the amazing times we live in... eh? :P

    ReplyDelete