Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Making Money

FIRST DAY OF WORK!!!

I'm officially working!! Today I first had to head to the tax office to get a tax number before I could begin work. The tax office is about a 6 minute walk from Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station - a station I have been to way too many times between going to the IND and the tax office. Got my tax number. Then is was off to WORK!

Amsterdam Sloterdijk station
















This is the inside of Amsterdam Centraal Station

















LEVS Architecten - my office for the next 3.5 months =) Visit their website by clicking here (you might have to google translate it if you don't speak Dutch).

















Today was a good first day. My computer is in Dutch. The drawings are all in Dutch. The manuals are all in Dutch. Everyone speaks Dutch. I went to a 2 hour presentation in Dutch. I had no idea what they were talking about. Maybe I'll pick up some Dutch while I'm here?!

I had dinner at my office!! Apparently they occasionally have dinner together at the office. I helped cook dinner and thanks to Bethany for all the cooking lessons these past few months I didn't look like a complete fool in the kitchen! We had pasta with vegetables, some kinda of salad and wine =)

















Tomorrow is work day #2. Now it's time to get some shut eye. Once again, I'm the only girl in my hostel room tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment