Friday, September 3, 2010

Hello Amsterdam =)

3 flights and 27 hours after leaving Pearson airport, I arrived in Amsterdam =)

It was a long journey, but I made it here. One thing I can say is finding nice people to talk to while you're bored makes a huge difference. I talked to a lady in the Newark airport who had just called all her kids to say goodbye. She was super friendly and when I told her I was from Canada she was even more talkative, for some reason. The flight to Zurich was nice. It really pays to fly business class on a long trans-Atlantic flight. Good food. Big chair. Nice people. Free stuff.

This was my seat (more like seats - no one ended up sitting beside me)
















STOP #2: Zurich, Switzerland

















Zurich airport is BEAUTIFUL!!!






























I also found the ceiling in the lounge really cool =)
















Right now I'm sitting in my room at Bob's Youth Hostel. It's not exactly a 5-star hotel. As an archie student I must say the first thing that came to mind was the fact the their stairs would never pass the Ontario Building Code inspection. And of course, I'm on the top floor and there's no elevator. I won't even mention I gashed/bruised my knee and sprained my ankle 3 days ago. The stairs and I aren't getting along.

No comments:

Post a Comment