Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let's have some fun

Saturday was a busy but fun day. I first met up with Lise in the morning. She's on an exchange for the fall term - going to school in Switzerland and came to Holland this weekend to visit family so we planned to meet up for a couple of hours. It was nice seeing a familiar face again! We ventured down to the artsy area with all the museums to find the "I AMsterdam" letters. Below is a picture of Lise and I posing with the "I"

















Amsterdam is so beautiful. What makes it so unique in my opinion are all the canals. Everywhere you go you can see water. "Gracht" means canal and "straat" means street. So for instance, Prinsengracht is along a canal and Prinsenstraat is a road.

















Saturday night = bowling with an Anshul and an xpat group (a group of people not from Holland who get together a do fun things). Below is the bar (the glowing lights looked cooler in real life)

















BOWLING!!!







Today (Sunday) it is raining. I hear that the rainy season is fast approaching. I was told to carry my umbrella with me everywhere I go, and that is what I intend to do.

Here at the hostel I just met another Canadian - Sam! He's from Toronto!! WHOO HOO CANADA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment